Thursday, April 5, 2012

So Long, Farewell...

by Wendy Corsi Staub

I've frequently mentioned here that it isn't always easy to juggle being an author with being a mom. Okay, that's an understatement: it's NEVER easy. That's actually an understatement, too. Some days, it's all but impossible.

Today is one of those days. As I just confessed to my fellow blogsters, I'm overwhelmed--in the very best way, of course. I'm blessed to have two teenaged sons who are happy and healthy and thriving, and I'm thrilled to announce that I just (literally, about an hour ago) signed a new three-book contract with Harpercollins to write another adult suspense trilogy. All three books have to be written within the next 18 months--during which I'll be launching and promoting my current trilogy with Harper, as well as seeing my younger son through the remainder of middle school and into high school, and seeing my older son through high school graduation and off to college. So in the immediate future, I'm going to shift my focus to concentrate on writing, touring, and not missing a single moment with my boys. That means saying goodbye--at least for now--to blogging here at Adr3nalin3.

It's been a pleasure to get to know many of you, as well as my fellow bloggers. I'll continue to visit and read their posts, as well as maintain an active presence on Facebook and my own community website. Please come visit me there! Thank you for all the support!

2 comments:

Jordan Dane said...

We are going to miss you, Wendy, but I'm excited for your new contracts. Hope to see you at a conference.

Bon voyage!

Anita Grace Howard said...

We'll miss you! So happy for your writing successes, though!

I'll keep my eye on you in the twitter threads. :)