This is me! Hi!
Here are a few quick things about me because I want to say hello!
- Yes, I'm new to the blog. I'm thrilled to be here! Why blogging? Why me? Well, as it turns out, I actually love to blog. Places you might already find me are:
- My own personal blog
- The Enchanted Inkpot YA Fantasy blog
- The Texas Sweethearts & Scoundrels blog
- If you really care, you can check out my website which probably has more information than you ever wanted to know about me
- I am the "Weekend Warrior" here on ADR3NALIN3. As to what exactly that means, I'm not quite sure. Some reasons I might be right for this "Weekend Warrior" job are:
- I battle monsters in MMO games on the weekends (and often on
weeknights during the summer and holiday breaks). My favorite MMO is Wizard101, and if you don't play, you're seriously missing out. It makes for fantastic family time!
I think I look kind of cool!
- I swing giant kung fu weapons around, but this actually happens to be mostly during the weekend. Except for today when I'll be heading to a 3 hour seminar to learn a drunken immortal form. Cool, right?
- I attempt to keep peace between my two kids. This is the trickiest of the three.
- I have 2 books coming out from Tor (who is just such an amazing publisher that it makes me all squishy and warm inside.
- SOLSTICE (Tor Teen, June 2013) is a young adult dystopian/mythology story. It's set in the future where global warming is basically killing the earth. And yeah, there's a girl. And a guy. And the Underworld. And then stuff happens. I've seen some sneak sketches for the cover, and I'm getting pretty psyched for it! You can find more about it here.
- TUT (Tor Children's, Winter 2014) is a middle grade mythology story about King Tut who's this 14 year old kid who's immortal and lives in modern day Washington DC. He's trying to find the afterworld while running from his evil uncle and a crazy cult. You can find more about it here.
- I used to be an engineer, so I tend to look at writing as a very methodical process. I write a first draft. I revise the heck out of it. And then I revise again and again until it's good enough to tape out (engineering humor, sorry). When I write posts about writing, please keep this engineering thing in mind and forgive me for it.
- Because I used to be an engineer, I love all sorts of nerdy things. I refer to these dorky things as often as I possibly can.
- I think every book needs at least one Star Trek reference. And song lyrics from the 60s, 70s, or 80s hidden within the pages.
- ADR3NALIN3 is very hard to type! I am hoping I will get better at this! :)
- Since we're now such great friends, you can call me Tricia!
- The P in P. J. is for Patricia
- The J in P. J. is for a really long Polish maiden name